Dear 2021 Summer Camp Parents!
The summer staff is all moved in and trained, the trading post is stocked, and the camp grounds are ready to go – welcome to Summer Camp 2021 out here at Camp Tekakwitha. Praise God for all of His beauty and the miracles He has already graced us with. This update is coming a few days earlier than June 20th, but will act as our third update for the summer.
Below you will find the current policies we will be enforcing for the beginning of the summer. We will keep you posted as things change throughout the summer. Please keep in mind these policies are likely to loosen as we get closer to summer. We will definitely send updates and you are more than welcome to reach out if you have any questions, however, below is what the current plans are.
- We will be asking all parents who are not current vaccinated to wear a mask at check in and check out. Those are two times where we will have a lot of people out on site and we want to make sure that we’re protecting the campers, staff, and all others who are out at Camp.
- We will not be requiring campers or staff to wear masks while outside. Folks are more than welcome to wear masks if that would make them feel more comfortable, however, it will not be a requirement. Anytime we are able to open windows or in the case of the Chapel, the whole side walls, we will not be requiring masks.
- We will be requiring everyone to wear a mask in the event of inclement weather. This will, hopefully, be very limited to only a few times a summer (if that). We will ask all campers to bring at least 4 masks to have on site, in the event they will need them.
- We are planning on merging the originally planned split events back into one – so for example we will be having 1 opening campfire, however, we will split up game of the night as needed into two games or two separate spaces.
- We are planning on splitting up our dinning as to have fewer kids in the dining hall at one time. Right now we will be utilizing multiple different dinning spaces to help keep campers at a safe distance.
- We are putting a few different ‘hand washing ‘stations around camp – both inside and out. Camp is messy and dirty and silly and fun. This year, we are going to be intentional about making sure that we try to be a little cleaner and more careful to keep everyone feeling safer and healthier to enhance the camp experience.
Our goal is to keep as ‘normal’ as possible while making small changes to keep everyone healthy and safe. Two summers ago, we started to split the group in half for different activities and so most of the campers will not even notice a huge difference in camp. In fact, most of the changes really are for the better of camp and will be for the long term. We are so excited to be able to have camp again this summer and are looking forward to welcoming your kids back out to the grounds of Camp Tekakwitha.
We’re looking forward to the best summer yet!
Please know of our prayers for you and your families as you prepare for this summer and please keep us in your prayers as well. We are looking forward to sharing in community with and your families this summer!
Until the next update on July 1st…..
St. Kateri Tekakwitha, Pray for us!
Rebecca Sievers, Camp Director