- Focus on how much fun he/she will have at camp!
- Visit camp before the season starts. If a visit isn't possible, visit our website for videos/pictures from prior years.
- Involve campers in the process of getting ready for camp. Let them pick out the items for their suitcase and help them choose favorite items to bring to camp.
- Talk about writing home and include addressed stamped enveloped in a Ziploc bag.
- Schedule practice overnight trips with friends/family and let your child know how proud you are of their independence. Share with them how excited you are to hear about what they did while you were away.
A note or email from home is always welcome!
If sending a letter to your camper through the mail, it is best to mail the letter early in the week to ensure delivery before the end of the week. Campers will also have the opportunity to write letters home, so it is helpful to provide your camper with addresses so they can easily get their letters in the mail.
To send your camper an email, log into your UltraCamp account and click on "Email a Camper" before purchasing an email for $1.
You can also create a Friend Account so family and friends can also send email.
Letters, emails, and packages will be delivered to campers once per day through Friday morning.